Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Love times Amma & Daughter

I just  put across the idea ' No change is too small, as big was once small.' . I was intent on raising some funds  towards the Carmel School  and Ashalaya where I pitch in for about three days a week..

My 75 year old mom appreciated the idea.She was the first to jump into  the bandwagon of donors.
I can't give huge sums but if you collect from different people the amount can get bigger.

She definitely had a point there.

She chuckled as she handed me the cheque  to be filled in. I was awe struck at her cheerfulness in  giving me the cheque. This will add to our placing orders for books and stationery or perhaps towards a  kids school fees for a year as best Elizabeth decides.

How she promotes education. She took care that her maid's children at least finished SSLC and over the years  always goaded us to help  her  in this cause.I really don't think richness is measured by a person's bank balance. Richness is measured by being a good human being .

Today my day was made when she handpicked some of her sarees and gave them to me. She said,' Don't buy if you wish to wear some  of these just come and take from  here". She served me food with love.She takes pride in cooking and serving her children and grand children . She keeps  us together , subtly indicating united we stand but  divided we fall.

 I must definitely mention what I had missed out in life is getting poured out in full .I am enjoying every ounce of it with love. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment