Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Reflections

I walked into  the class and the children greeted me.We  got into the holiday mode of fun and games. Children were streaming in. The last of them was a little boy may be 8 years to be precise   had tears streaming down his face and he was pressing his temples hard as if in deep pain.
 I called and asked him what was  the matter. "I am having severe headache'.

Why what is the matter? I don't know".

What did you have for breakfast and he hung his head down in shame. It was not very difficult to understand that the boy was hungry.

Quickly we did a round of breathe in breathe out for relaxation for  the next five minutes .

The boy was given some money to go and buy a bun to eat. He came back promptly with a bun and the remaining change in hand. He returned the change.He finished his not so sumptuous breakfast while I remembered " breakfast like a king".

Quickly he rejoined the group.

How strange.

I reached home and found the breakfast untouched on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment